The Forever-After Kind

Today, I posted a little something on Facebook about my son. He's almost 13 years old and I am one proud Momma! 

But this post won't just be about him. Today, I am blessed to say that I attend a church that has a fantastic youth program! My son woke up 45 minutes early this morning bacause his teen group is helping to set up games and activities for our Easter egg hunt tomorrow. Granted, he is missing school for this, Lol,(we home school) but I know that isn't why he's so excited. I can attribute his energy to one thing... his leaders. 

Okay, yes, I know he has friends in the teen department who will, most likely, be there as well. And, he is getting a free lunch, and we all know teens love to eat! But, why are they all so enthusiastic to show up and work? Because they see, as I've seen, the youth leaders are excited about serving God and the community. If the leaders weren't excited, the teens would probably prefer to stay home. I know I would.

When I was a teenager, I remember having a couple of different youth leaders that challenged me to be my best and do my best for God. Besides my parents, these people were the most influential in my life. With every activity, every dinner, every verse memorization contest, every Sword drill, these people made me strive for more. I will always be grateful to each of them for spending their time and effort... for me.

If you have a teen in your home, I challenge you to get them involved in your church's youth program. Sports is great and it teaches teamwork. But, getting them involved in something that will change their lives, not a scoreboard, will make you a Super-parent for years to come.

Comments