Helping Hands

Tonight was one of my favorite nights in the month. Every first Tuesday of the month, the ladies from my church gets together for fellowship. We are called the 'Ladies Helping Hands' of McLeansville Baptist Church. Our purpose is to take care of other people in our congregation, such as making gifts for our widows and widowers on Valentine's Day, or putting together gift bags for people in the hospital. We also take it upon ourselves to train the younger ladies who are coming up after us. After all, it will soon be their jobs.

We usually get together in our fellowship hall and spend the evening crafting and eating, then have a short devotion. Tonight, however, was our eat-out month and while I enjoy this, I can't help but long for the home cooked meals (and desserts) that we usually bring and eat together. Still, the fellowship is always wonderful and the laughs just kind of roll from table to table.

However, tonight, as I scanned our ladies, I couldn't help but marvel at the closeness, the unity, the oneness that we all share. Each woman, whether young or old, can sit beside another and talk like they're best of friends. It always amazes that a group of ladies, ranging in ages, can come together as one and share their joys and struggles with others. There is no judgment, no contention, no slander, and no criticism. The feeling is almost overwhelming.

So, this made me instantly think of this blog and how blessed my family was to find this wonderful place that we call our home church. We hadn't even become members yet, when my daughter and I were asked to come and join the 'Ladies Helping Hands'. And, boy, have they been a help! Not only have these kind and wonderful ladies helped me and my family through some tough times, but they've also helped me spiritually. 

I know, beyond all doubt, that God sent us to MBC and He will forever have my gratitude for it. I love each and every one of these ladies so very much.

This is just one of life's little blessings.

Comments